Integrated Asset Evaluation & Field Development Services
Our integrated consultancy department takes a multidisciplinary approach to offer a suite of specialized services that can be broadly grouped into these domains:
Geophysics, Geology & Geo-Modelling
PetroVision provides a broad range of consultancy services in the areas of exploration, development and production geoscience. The inhouse G&G team have extensive expertise covering these range of services:
- Integrated regional sedimentary basin.
- Full scale seismic interpretation & well correlations.
- Determination of rock fluid content, porosity, density, velocity and lithology of rocks. Our goal is to extract the most valuable information from the 3D seismic data (seismic trace) over specific time intervals.
- Geologic Risk Assessment and volumetric estimation for green/brown fields.
- Prospect evaluation and maturation studies; detailed geological and geophysical studies to define the prospect’s architecture.
- Reservoir characterisation with the integration of local or analogous data from petrophysics, rock physics, AVO & seismic inversion to define the prospective areas.
- Detailed and quick look formation evaluation/petrophysical analysis.
- Customized logging and coring programs to optimally suit clients objectives.
Formation evaluation: is an integral part of many of PetroVision’s projects from prospect evaluation to field development and asset evaluation. We provide an integrated multi disciplinary approach with inputs from:
- Geology and Geophysics
- Rock Physics
- Reservoir Engineering
In order to carry out detailed reservoir characterisation as well as quick look evaluations in real time. Our integrated petrophysical analysis approach consists of detailed quality control at the well site and interpretation centres. Technical and operational support for well log acquisition, permeability estimation, modelling across wells, core fluid and data integration.
Creation of comprehensive HC plots which summarise the different discoveries and observations of the petrophysical interpretation. Uncertainty evaluation, which includes investigating the effects of other interpretation methods or available logs. Determining the range of parameters to be included in Monte Carlo analysis and highlighting the risk associated with specific petrophysical assumptions. Our experienced team can provide logging and coring programs which optimally suit the needs of our clients.
Reservoir Engineering & Simulation
Reservoir simulation is a core strength of the engineering team at PetroVision. We leverage on the latest technology and leading industry standard software to build geologically realistic 3D Static models and upscale them to Dynamic models for various fluid types, subsurface structures and EOR techniques. Our dynamic reservoir simulation expertise covers both black-oil and compositional simulation as well as thermal and streamline based simulation.
PetroVision’s team of reservoir and petroleum have been actively involved in reservoir simulation projects of fluid types ranging from gas to heavy oil across the world. The team are proficient in the industry standard tools like Eclipse, Nexus, VIP etc. Some of the key projects include but are not limited to:
- History matching of six stand-alone simulation models for volatile oil reservoirs in Algeria, North Africa developed by miscible gas injection. Updated simulation model used for the optimisation.
- PetroVision provided reservoir engineering support by working alongside the client to deliver a dynamic model with economic forecasts for an oil field located off the coast of the Ghana’s Western Region in the South Atlantic Ocean.
- Multi-reservoir network model (MRSN) set up eight reservoirs using Landmarks Nexus simulator.
- Water injection simulation study to determine the optimum injection configuration to improve recovery for a field with over 40years of production.
- Well Test Analysis: Our dedicated team provides well test interpretation via pressure transient analysis and simulation history matching. Our knowledge and understanding of advanced analytical procedures helps us to design and interpret high level well test evaluation projects of all fluid types (Gas & Gas Condensate, Volatile, Black & Heavy Oils). Our range of well test services and methods include, but are not limited to: planning and design services, Numerical Well Test Modelling, interpretation of pressure transient analysis data for reservoir model integration, conventional well test analysis, wireline formation testing, complex systems and deconvolution.
Production Engineering, Facilities & Optimisation
Our expertise combined with the use of industry leading products ensures we can develop completion strategies and model complete production systems, thereby optimizing production at all stages of field development. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Integrated Production Modelling
- Production and Injection Network Systems Analysis
- Production/Cased Hole Logging Programs & Interpretation
- Artificial Lift Design and Diagnostics
- Well Performance Optimisation
Field Development Planning
- PetroVision has produced and been actively involved in several field development plans and optimisation studies around the world. The scope generally consists of identifying the hydrocarbon potential, proposing an optimal development strategy for the resources and determining the most economic crude evacuation and gas utilisation options. A multi-disciplinary team of geoscientists, engineers and petroleum economists work together on detailed seismic interpretation, geological evaluation and reservoir characterization to build a detailed geo-cellular model for various reservoirs. Some examples are sighted below
- Field Development Studies of multiple Oil & Gas Fields in the Bredasdrop Basin offshore South Africa. This involved seismic interpretation, geological evaluation, reservoir characterisation to build a robust static and dynamic model. Analysis and interpretation of several well tests. History matching over 10years of production leading to development sensitivities and optimisation for all the reservoirs. Determining optimum location and capacities of the facilities and most economic crude evacuation and gas utilisation options.
- Field development planning of 9 different fields in the Niger delta, this involved the evaluation and interpretation of the geology, geophysics, and Petrophysics with about 150 wells across multiple reservoirs with multiple hydrocarbon bearing reservoirs. Fluid, well and material balance modelling of over 100 wells in the different fields. History matching over 40years of production data. Determined the optimum development plan, reserves and resources for all fields; potential upsides, uncertainties and risk analysis
- Evaluation of discovered fields and prospects within a concession in the western Niger Delta in a land/swamp terrain. Field development plan for a developed field which was shut in for approximately 20 years. The key objectives were to evaluate and re-validate some existing wells and infrastructure and develop an optimised field development plan for field reactivation. The geological concepts, the static and the dynamic models were used to identify, assess, risk and rank infill targets and workovers and advise the client on the best production strategy going forward.
Ultimately, oil and gas projects are intended to deliver value to stakeholders by producing crude in the most economically efficient way, solving field specific challenges, and bringing returns to the organization’s value streams. Therefore Economic and Financial Modelling is the culmination of all the technical work carried out. Petrovision petroleum economists are involved in the review, audit and revision or update of Client Economic & Financial Models. As part of field development projects, the development of the asset is considered holistically to ensure integration in a cost efficient manner and ranking in order of the highest returns on investment. For our financial clients, we work alongside them to build models for Reserves Based Lending and run sensitivities on the models to ensure the optimum terms are adopted. Key Tasks & Services are
- Model Development: Transaction details, operating scenarios, financing terms etc.
- Operating Scenarios, Calculations, Forecasts:
- Operating scenarios & Economic Metrics – NPV, IRR, $/boe, breakeven price
- Balance sheet – calculating all adjusting entries to create a pro forma balance sheet
- Credit Metrics – Model all necessary Debt covenants & Cover Ratios
- Sensitivity analysis & Uncertainty Analysis*
- Portfolio analysis and optimisation: Identify and understand what can be done to increase the value of under-performing assets to maximise portfolio ROI.
- Transactional Advisory: Smart and Value-adding decisions; perform asset level economics, consolidate multiple assets, negotiations, term sheets, data rooms etc.
- Reserves Based Lending: Determine borrowing base, repayment schedules and redetermination. Identify the critical parameters required to ensure loan repayment.